Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"My Bester Friend"

We are very blessed to have many friends and even more blessed that most of those friends have kids the same age as our kids. We have so much fun getting together for playdates. But there is definitely something to be said about having your best friend live next door. We met Zoey over 3 years ago when we first moved to this house. Max was 18 months old. They go to preschool together. They play basketball, soccer, and baseball together. We go on fun excursions together. They go swimming together. They play together most days in the cul-de-sac, riding bikes, driving their power wheels, playing dress up, drawing chalk pictures, laughing, fighting, hugging, snuggling, wrestling... growing up. They are going to be 5 years old this year... I said it... I can't believe how fast my little boy is growing up. Every night recently, I've been asking Max what his favorite thing he did that day was. Most nights, it has something to do with Zoey. So the other night, Max was going on and on about Zoey...

"Zoey is my best friend. She's my better friend than my friend who lives in the blue house. She's my bester friend. I love Zoey."

Here are a couple photos of them riding bikes today...